- Becoming A Patient
- Eligibility Requirements
- Expectations of Patients
- Patient Application
Becoming a Patient of Community Care Center
Applicants must come for an initial eligibility screening and be approved before they may use our services.
Community Care Center is:
- NOT a walk-in clinic. We see patients by appointment only.
- Staffed primarily by volunteers who give their time without compensation.
- Supported by contributions from individuals, churches, businesses, foundation grants, United Way, and patient donations.
Community Care Center
- Does NOT provide emergency care.
- Does NOT provide care for pregnant women.
- Can NOT meet every medical and dental need.
The personal information that you provide or that is in your medical record is confidential and will only be shared with medical providers participating in your care.
- You must have lived in Forsyth, Stokes, or Davie counties for at least the last three months.
- You cannot be eligible for state or federal sponsored healthcare insurance, including Veterans Administration, Medicaid, or Medicare.
- You generally cannot be eligible for healthcare insurance through your employer.
To qualify as a new patient:
You must provide all necessary information and meet our financial guidelines. It is not our objective to make the process difficult for you, but we must be careful that we allocate our scarce resources to the people who most need our services.
How to apply:
Eligibility screenings are held every Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon from 1:00 pm until 4:00 pm. You do notneed an appointment for the interview!
Making an appointment
No one can book an appointment until they are screened and approved. If approved, patients are given an identification card and a medical record number that they should bring on every visit. When you call to make an appointment, please have your medical record number with you so the scheduler can help you faster.
Appointments can be made by calling (336) 723-7904 or coming in person Mondays through Thursdays from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
At this point we are not taking new dental patients. Dental appointments are very limited (only 8 patients are seen per week). We reserve the open slots for CCC patients referred as an emergency from a Community Care Center physician.
Primary care physicians decide whether or not a specialist is needed and make the referral. Patients are not allowed to see more than one doctor per clinic day.
Patients who cannot keep their appointment should let us know immediately so we can reassign that time to another patient. Patients who do not show up and do not call ahead to let us know they cannot come may become ineligible for services.
Expectations of Patients
Things you can do to help us serve you better:
- Be on time
- Do not wait until you run out of medicines to ask for a refill! Since doctors are here only during clinic hours, if you wait until you run out, it may take a while to re-supply you.
- Bring the medications you are currently taking in the original prescription container every time you visit your doctor.
- If we refer you outside the clinic, please keep your appointment!
- Please keep your children under control.
- Help keep the clinic clean.
- Be polite to our staff and volunteers. Rude or profane language will not be tolerated.
We accept donations! Although your money covers only a fraction of the cost, it shows you are interested in the clinic and helps pay for the services that you receive.